Last updated: October 20, 2020
Breezily Inc. operates an e-commerce service (the “Service”) through breezily.ca, its mobile applications, and all related sites accessible to mobile devices, tablets, desktops, laptops, and other connected devices.
As used in this policy, "Breezily" or “Service” refers to Breezily Inc. and any of its subsidiaries or associated entities. We may also refer to Breezily as "we", "us", or "our". We may refer to you as "customer", "you", or "your".
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
2. Your Access to and Control Over InformationYou may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
In order to use this website, a user must first complete the registration form. During registration a user is required to give certain information (such as name and email address). This information is used to contact you about the products/services on our site in which you have expressed interest. At your option, you may also provide demographic information (such as gender or age) about yourself, but it is not required.
We request information from you on our order form. To buy from us, you must provide contact information (like name and shipping address) and financial information (like credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we'll use this information to contact you.
We use "cookies" on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor's hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be accessed every time you use the Services. Your web browser(s) has settings to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from us, you may not be able to access certain features of our Services, such as our ability to recommend products and services based on our search history. However, you will still be able to perform necessary functions such as ordering and shopping.
6. Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to process, ship an order and provide a post-delivery support.
6.1. Information from service providers and vendors
Third party services provide us with information needed for core functions of our Services, as well as for additional programs and promotions that can enhance your Breezily experience. These third-party services include payment processors, fraud monitoring, marketing service providers, and other businesses or publicly available sources. We will update our FAQ page from time to time with a summary of these providers and links to their applicable privacy policies. We obtain the following information about you from these third-party services:
Information, such as your IP address, interactions with our website and payment processing, to make Breezily Services more secure, like fraud detection;
Information about your participation in third party programs that provide things such as payment, transaction, and fraud detection information (i.e. Braintree, PayPal);
Information, such as your social media profile (such as Facebook), about you provided by specific services, such as demographic and market segment information;
Job applicants: we may do an online search of you and review the links you provide to your social media and online presence. Consistent with applicable law, we also may perform background and reference checks.
6.2. How your information is used
We may use the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To assist you with your use of the Services. For example, if you ask a question about any of the products we carry, we will use that personal Information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal Information to purchase a product, we will use the personal Information you provide to process your order and facilitate delivery.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, payments and prevent transactional fraud. We may also save your personal information to facilitate new products orders or process returns.
- To personalize your experience using the Services and to deliver product offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Services, third-party sites, and via email (with your consent, where required by law).
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations, including responding to a court order, summons, warrants. Also to exercise or defend legal claims, protect against harm to our rights, property, interest or safety of the rights, property, interests or safety of you, third-parties, or the public as required or permitted by the law.
6.3. Whom your information may be shared with
We may share your personal Information with certain limited third parties, such as service providers and vendors, for certain legally permissible reasons to provide you with a features and options related to our Services. Breezily may share the following categories of your personal Information for a business purpose:
Identifiers – Examples include your name, postal address, email address and IP address. We collect and store this information in order to verify your identity and prevent against fraudulent transactions. We also collect and store this information to enable purchases, delivery and customer service in connection with your Breezily Account.
Commercial Information – Examples include your purchase history and types of products purchased or viewed. We collect and store this information to protect against fraud by ensuring that we have accurate and verified history of your legitimate purchases. We also collect this information in order to make your Breezily monthly service experience more personalized. It allows us to recommend products that you might like and offer you promotions in which you might be interested.
Internet or similar network activity – Examples include your shopping preferences and your interaction with our website, mobile app and advertisements. We collect and store this information in order to make your Breezily monthly service experience more personalized. It allows us to recommend products that you might like and offer you promotions in which you might be interested. It also makes the navigation of the site more seamless and faster.
We disclose those categories of personal Information to service providers to fulfill the following business purposes:
- Maintaining and servicing your account;
- Processing or fulfilling orders;
- Providing you customer service;
- Verifying the identity of users;
- Detecting and preventing fraud;
- Providing promotional programs;
- Providing marketing and advertising services to Breezily;
- Providing analytics services to Breezily; and
- Undertaking internal research to develop the Breezily Services.
6.4. Information that is no longer personally identifiable
We may create aggregated and other anonymous data from your personal Information and other individuals whose personal Information we collect. We make personal Information into anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Services and promote our business.
6.5. Legal and safety reasons
We reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information that we reasonably believe is necessary to comply with law or court order; enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Breezily, our employees, our users, or others.
7. SecurityWe take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for "https" at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
We take certain measures designed to protect your personal information, such as conducting risk assessments and use readily available security measures to periodically monitor systems and assets to identify data security events, imposed reasonable data access controls, and have a process to secure and inventory devices with access to personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or store on the Service and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
You must prevent unauthorized access to your account and personal information by selecting and protecting your password and/or other sign-on mechanism appropriately and limiting access to your computer or device and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
If we learn of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may post a notice through the Service if a security breach occurs.
8. User Rights and Options
Email Subscriptions. You can always unsubscribe from our commercial or promotional emails by clicking unsubscribe in those messages. We will still send you transactional and relational emails about your use of our Services.
Push Notifications. You can opt out of receiving push notifications through your electronic device settings (i.e. phone, tablets etc.). Please note that opting out of receiving push notifications may impact your use of our Services (such as receiving a notification that your order has shipped).
Account Information. You can review and edit certain account information you have chosen to add to your profile by logging in to your account settings and profile. Cookie Tracking. You can modify your cookie settings on your browser, but if you delete or choose not to accept our cookies, you may be missing out on certain features of our Services, such as certain product recommendations features. However, you will still be able to order and complete a transaction on our website.
Deleting Your Account. You may request termination of your account or deletion of certain information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we will be unable to delete your account, such as if there is an issue with your account related to trust, safety, or fraud or due to our legal obligation to notify you about the recall of a product you purchased. When we delete your account, we may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or to comply with legal or regulatory obligations. For example, we may retain your information to notify you about the recall of a product you purchased. When we retain such data, we do so in ways designed to prevent its use for other purposes. We may use any aggregated data derived from or incorporating your personal information after you update or delete it, but not in a manner that would identify you personally.